Up for sale is a used but nearly mint Fender J Mascis Jazzmaster. Crafted in Japan. I upgraded the pickups to Curtis Novaks. There is a P90 in the bridge and the neck pickup is wound to ’63 Jazzmaster specs. Curtis Novak winds the best Jazzmaster pickups period. These things sound amazing and I have a little over $200 wrapped up in the pickups.The reason that this thing isn’t dead mint is because there is a small ding in the metal pickguard that must have happened during shipping. After opening and playing it I loved it so much I didn’t send it back. The body and neck have NO dings and NO scratches. I babied this thing like no guitar I have ever owned. There is zero fret wear, and zero wear to the back of the neck. When I say zero I literally mean zero. This looks like it just came off the assembly line. I only took this guitar out for performances and it was not my daily practice guitar.I had this guitar professionally set up by a local guitar tech and it plays great. Action is low but not too low, and it sounds great over the whole fretboard. Holds tune beautifully. Comes with a hard shell case, but not the one listed in the pic. So why am I selling it? I start clinicals in the fall and I need to raise about $3,000 to cover textbooks, uniforms, and immunizations. This is one of the best guitars I have ever owned and I hate to get rid of it. Such is the life of a poor student. … Click for more info
Listing Ends: 05:45am UTC Aug. 01, 2011
- Stay up to date on all new listings with the RSS Feeds. You can even get one brand at a time instead of all of them.
- Gibson Custom 1956 Les Paul Goldtop Reissue Guitar 1998 R6
- Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway AA Top Guitar 2007 Heritage Cherry Sunburst
- 2013 Gibson Les Paul Traditional New Honeyburst PROJECT NECK REPAIR LIGHTWEIGHT
- Fender 1989 Japan Stratocaster strat w/ EMG pickups + case
- Fender Telecaster Vintage ’52 Reissue (American Made) with Case