Great playing, sounding 1983 Gibson Les Paul Custom. All original with OHSC. The guitar has the expected dings with the obligatory buckle rash on the back of the body but all in all in pretty good shape. Binding is all intact & frets are in surprisingly good shape. Previously owned by an old “jazz” player who found the guitar just to heavy to play as he got older (even sitting down!) He sold it me about 10 years ago & had I finally had it set up about 5 years ago but just never play my 24.75 scale legnth guitars much; I’m just a strat guy I guess! Anywho, the expected mahogany bombast, sustain & Gibsonian “mojo”. Electronics & such are all in great working order. Video will follow later tonightOn Feb-19-11 at 10:13:54 PST, seller added the following information:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2MSFUpFyyIOn Feb-22-11 at 11:08:04 PST, seller added the following information:Looks like I made a mistake on the year of this guitar it is 1988 not 1983. I apologize for any confusion. I’ve had a number of request for very detailed info such as neck profile, body construction pickup types. I contacted Gibson but no response yet. I’ll take the guitar apart & enclose a link to the pix by tonight (2-22-2011). The neck does seem to be slimmer than the few vintage Les Pauls I played back in the day but I never played that many. I did have an XR2 Les Paul that I played for a while from 2002 to 2007 that had what I considered a very slim but rounded neck. The Custom LP neck is a little flatter & not as slim. Hopefully I’ll get some response from Gibson before the auction ends. Incidently the serial # is 83548562 which supposedly translates to December 12th, 1988 & being the 62nd produced that day. Hope this helps … Click for more info
Listing Ends: 10:39pm UTC Feb. 28, 2011
- Stay up to date on all new listings with the RSS Feeds. You can even get one brand at a time instead of all of them.
- Fender 64 Vintage Reissue Telecaster 2014 Lake Placid Blue
- Gibson ES-355 Custom Shop*Stunning Top*2010*Bigsby*Semi-Hollowbody*NO RESERVE*
- Gibson SG 1979 “The SG” Guitar * Walnut Finish In Good Condition!
- FENDER MUSTANG 65 REISSUE JAPAN DAPHNE BLUE MINT WITH HSC
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Pro 1 of 50 Made – True Gibson Custom Shop